The tax audit is an important and efficient tool of the company’s tax risk management.
Within the framework of our advisory services consisting in tax audits, we carry out tax audit to optimize tax settlements, aimed at finding hidden reserves of tax savings and improvements in the process of calculation of due taxes.
Our tax audits can also aim at identification of tax risks at ongoing tax settlements of business entities. We offer in this respect both full audits involving the detailed examination of the whole fiscal documentation, and tax audits based on the examination of a sample of source documents and of the most important items of the tax liability calculation.
There is a separate type of tax audits, namely dedicated examination, pre-purchase due diligence examination or investment audits to verify the tax settlement in selected areas of business particularly exposed to tax risks or involving assets of material value.
To date, members of the Law Firm team have carried out within the framework of activities and among other audits:
- tax audit of an entity with foreign interest, one of the leading manufacturers of packaging, to search sources of tax savings in respect of income taxes and goods and services tax;
- tax audit in respect of income taxes and goods and services tax at an entity dealing with one of the biggest sports-related investments of the last 25 years;
- tax audit in respect of income taxes, VAT and civil transactions tax with an entity - one of the leading developers of financial and accounting software on the European market;
- tax audit in a media house in respect of personal income tax and goods and services tax;
- tax audit in respect of corporate income tax and VAT with an entity - one of the largest construction material distributors.
Members of the Law Firm team also took part in tax audits with the largest Polish enterprises in the energy industry, in banks and financial institutions, at manufacturers’ and many others.